Thursday, September 25, 2008

Not going home yet


I just talked to Dr. Cook.  He said I could go home, but he would like to see how I do over the weekend.  So I agreed.  We will see how I do, how many contractions I have, and make sure I don't progress over the next few days.  On Monday, we can talk again.  I could have gone home, but I don't want to regret it later.  I am still at risk for preterm delivery and it is hard to know when to come in and I fear when I do figure it out it may be too late.  So I am going to stick it out a little longer.  Besides, I think Tim really wanted to spend his birthday up here on Friday - sorry Tim :o(  Our next goal is going to be 30 weeks.  I do think our little guy is ahead (don't all parents think their kids are special?).  He is a little ahead in weight, last measurement being 2 weeks ago at 2 lbs 1 oz.  He must be at least 2 1/2 lbs by now.  This is a picture taken a few weeks ago.  If you can't tell what it is, it's a foot.  A really cute foot!

5 comments:

Nicole Poest said...

We'll pray for 30 weeks!!!
Yes....that is a very cute foot :)
Praying for you always
Nicole

Matt Yount said...

If that is just the foot he looks HUGE! I can never tell what's what in those things!

I can appreciate the dilema of "go home or not go home"... I think you are being wise!

Kara Steketee said...

Jen! I am coming home this weekend! I am REALLY hoping to stop by!

The VanderZwaags said...

We continue to pray for all 3 of you!!! We hope you will be able to go home soon! So happy you are at week 28 and we'll pray for 12 more!!!! :)

Mary said...

So glad you made 28 weeks! I think you are making a wise decision staying there(knowing you would probaby be sitting at your sewing machine if you went home!) Just kidding, we know you would obey all the rules! Hopefully Tim has a great birthday tomorrow!!
Aunt Mary