Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Another Day...

I guess 5 days off any meds was long enough.  Dr. Cook came in this morning and decided I should start Procardia again.  It's just a pill I have to take every 6 hours that relaxes smooth muscles.  The uterus is a smooth muscle, so it should slow down the contractions.  He didn't seem too concerned, he just wants to be proactive.  

You must be wondering what I do all day, so here is a little insight into my day.  The Doctors and/or interns round at 6-6:30 am.  They come in and ask me how I'm feeling, if I've had contractions, check my breathing, my belly and my legs.  Then just as I start to fall asleep again, at 7:15-7:30, the nursing assistant comes in to take my vitals - blood pressure, temp, pulse, and oxygen.  I try to catch a little more sleep before my breakfast comes at 8:05.  After I eat, I get hooked up to the monitor.  The monitor checks the baby's heart rate and movement as well as contractions.  After that, I take a shower and watch the today show while I check e-mail or do a puzzle.  Before you know it, lunch arrives!  Afternoons are the longest.  I usually get a few visitors which helps to break up the day and the Doctor will come in at some point to discuss what was seen on the monitor.  Otherwise I read, play on the computer, watch a movie or take a little nap until 4:00.  That is when the Ellen show is on.  I try to watch that, it's funny.  Dinner comes at 5:15  and Tim comes at 6-6:30, depending on how fast he drives.  We hang out, play games, watch movies and eat chocolate.  During the week he tries to leave by 10:00.  I get ready for bed and read a little, I usually fall asleep between 11 and 12 at night.  Exciting, I know, but I've already made it 13 days!  Praise God, every day is a gift!  Thank you all for the continued love and support you show us.  We love you all!

7 comments:

Jayme said...

hang in there jen! you are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Keith De Witt said...

Sounds like you have quite interesting days. Isnt there something else to watch besides Ellen. Can you get the Outdoor channel?
Hang in there! Remember you are my favorite neice!

Nicole Poest said...

It's good to hear that you can think of so many things to do!! and that your days go pretty fast. I like the Ellen show too, she is funny. I continue praying for you. Talk to you soon.
Nicole

Deb said...

Well let's see....sounds like a very exciting day!! Not!! I know that the 'Huyser' in you wants to get moving and do something. Hang in there little girl, just a few more weeks. The close of each day, brings a little DeHaan closer to a healthier delivery.
How about starting some scrapbooking. Just leave out the pictures. You can fill those in later!!!
Ellen is pretty funny, I agree. Stay away from the Outdoor Channel. Let Uncle Keith watch that for you.
HGTV is great, too!!

Hugs!
Deb

Keith De Witt said...

I dont want to get in a fight here but on the Outdoor Channel hot looking guys marry hot looking girls and they go hunting together. Let me think, who did Ellen just marry? Yuk!!!!

Teresa said...

thinking about and praying for you often

Matt Yount said...

What are other examples of "smooth muscles?" Just curious.