Tuesday, November 4, 2008




To all you Blog Stalkers out there - sorry we have not updated enough for you (Auntie Barbie). We will continue to do our best !!!


Here is the latest on Liam...


Day 23 :


We just got back from visiting Liam. He had another big day. His nurse said he was very awake and alert for his 8:00am feeding, so he got a bottle and finished it all! I was there for his 11:00 and 2:00 feeding. He is starting to wake up with out my help before he needs to eat. This is a great sign that he is progressing! He got 2 additional bottles today - both from me :0) and he drank all of those too. I hope this means we can continue to increase the amount of times he gets a bottle and decrease the tube feedings. I think Liam is ready to have the tube out! Monday when I was there to visit, he had pulled it out himself! Oops, too bad he had to get it put right back in.


As you can see in the picture on the left, dad had a hand in getting Liam dressed. He has this onesie in red and blue. In the picture on the right, mom is feeding Liam a bottle. The more you eat the sooner you get to come home! He is currently at 4 lbs 7.5 oz. If weight gain was the only requirement to come home, he would be here!


I had a meeting with Liam's doctor on Monday. I had a list of questions for him, obviously the biggest one was when can he come home. I didn't get an answer to that question. It's up to Liam. It does not go by weight or age, just development. I guess we will only get a day or two notice when it is time, so we better be ready. Our goal is to have him home before Thanksgiving.


7 comments:

Matt Yount said...

He's getting HUGE! Ha! Love the Gittyup duds! Totally a De Hann! Jealous Tori got to see him last night. Continue to celebrate the progress with you. Hey, when you get a chance check out my brother Mike's blog - they had a baby girl last night.

Meeuwsens said...

I agree with Matt...he is getting so big! I can't wait to go see him today!!! Praying for you guys as well as Liam that he gets to come home soon...I know its not easy!

Nick and Kristi Bonstell said...

It is awesome with all the progress! We will continue to pray that he comes home soon!

Mike, Em, and Gavin said...

So glad to hear Liam is doing so well. I know it seems like forever, but I'm sure he will be home in no time! That's awesome that he's doing so well with his feedings.

Rosencrans Family said...

Hi Jen and Tim. You guys don't know me, but I'm a "blog stalker" who knows your story through Van Huis' and Busschers. I just want to encourage you both to keep praying and KNOWING Liam will be coming home soon! My first born, Peyton, was born 8 weeks early, and while our stories are a little different, so much of Liam and your journey reminds me of ours! Before you know it he'll be 4 years old and off to preschool! Know you're doing a great job, and we'll all keep praying that he feeds and grows his way home soon!
Chris Rosencrans

TracyVDM said...

He is so precious!!

Dan &Amy; Amy Huyser said...

Tim and Jen
It is great to see some new pictures of Liam. We are continuing to pray for him. we can't wait till he is home and we can hold him. Give Liam a Kiss from us.